I’ve never been a fan of sprinkles. Not on my ice cream. Not on my cupcakes. Not on anything. But when I told my coworkers that I wanted to start a baking company, they immediately requested cupcakes and not just any old cupcakes, funfetti cupcakes. Unfortunately, I didn’t get to make a batch for them but i did get an order from my classmate for guess what …. funfetti cupcakes!
I am now a believer in the power of funfetti thanks to an easy and yummy recipe that I found on ericasweettooth.com (head on over there, she has some brilliant dessert recipes posted)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin tin with paper lines (either 12 full size or about 36 minis)
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a bowl, beat the sugar and butter together until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and egg white, one at a time, beating on low until well combined.
- Add vanilla.
- Gradually add the flour mixture and milk until just combined.
- Fold in rainbow sprinkles with a rubber spatula.
- Fill cupcake liners about 2/3 full and bake for about 15-17 minutes, or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.
- Beat butter until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup sugar at a time until completely mixed.
- Add the milk 1 tsp at a time followed by the vanilla to achieve desired thickness.